Candle Safety & Care
We want you to enjoy every second of your Mews Collective candle. As burning candles is a personal responsibility with associated risks, we have compiled the following safety and candle care instructions to ensure you gain the maximum pleasure and longevity from your Mews Collective candle experience.
Candle Safety Instructions
- Place your candle on a stable heat-resistant surface before burning.
- Never burn your candle on or near anything that could catch fire. Keep away from drafts, water & moisture.
- Always ensure wick is upright and in the middle of the candle. Do not allow the wick to float to the side of the vessel as this could lead to the glass overheating.
- Never leave a burning candle unattended. Ensure candle is completely extinguished before leaving the room.
- Keep your candle out of reach of children and pets.
- Do not burn your candle for more than 2 hours at a time.
- Do not allow your candle to burn to the very base of the vessel. Cease burning when there is 10mm of solid wax left at the base of the candle.
- Do not touch your burning candle or move it when the wax is liquid.
Candle Care Instructions
- Always ensure your candles wick is trimmed to 5mm before each burn.
- When you first burn your candle, allow the wax to pool evenly to the edge of the vessel. This will ensure an even burn and maximum fragrance delivery every time you use your candle.
- Store your candle in a cool, dry place out of direct sunlight.
- When the candle can no longer be burned, remove the residue wax by placing the vessel in hot water. This will soften and lift the remaining wax. Your Mews Collective ceramic vessel and its lid can now be used for a multitude of purposes in your home.